Tourist visa B-2 in Houston

The B-2 visa is intended for tourism, visiting relatives and friends, health treatment, attending conferences and meetings. This visa is also suitable for dependents of holders of some other types of visas.
Houston Immigration lawyer b-2

Benefits of Visa B2

  • You do not need to apply to USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services). Everything is decided in the consulate.
  • You can file a petition at any US Consulate near you.
  • You do not need a sponsor.
  • Visa B2 is easier and faster to get than other non-immigrant visas.

Who can apply for B2 visa?

You can get Visa B2 if you are:

  1. A foreigner planning a trip to the U. S.
    To visit friends and relatives. Get medical diagnosis or treatment. In order to attend conferences, congresses of public organizations.
  2. Dependent (on the content)
    • foreign employees in the US military temporarily stationed in the United States;
    • foreign team members with D1, D2 visas;
    • aliens not falling under other classifications. For example, elderly parents of an E1 visa holder;
    • foreigners subject to special benefits associated with military service in the US Army
  3. Amateur artist or group of amateurs who intend to perform
  • at charity or community concerts for which they do not get paid
  • at competitions for which they do not get paid
  • An amateur athlete or group of athletes to participate in competitions that do not include reward money

B-2 visa requirements

To qualify for this U.S. tourist visa, you must prove:

  • That your intention for entering United States is tourism.
  • You constantly live in your country and are not going to leave it.
  • You have strong connections in your country in the form of property, family or permanent job.
  • You are not traveling to the United States to provide services or do business in favor of an American employer.
  • You have enough financial resources to pay for the trip, accommodation and running costs. If you do not have enough money, then you must provide proof that you have a sponsor who will bear the costs.