Houston Green Card Attorney

A green card is an identification card confirming a lawful permanent resident status (LPR) for a person who is not a U.S. citizen but who is permanently located in the United States, and has a right to employment.

Permanent residency card allows you to leave the country and be able to re-enter, work, own property, take more profitable loans from local banks, study at universities with discounts and apply for scholarships for US citizens, serve in certain types of armed forces, as well as enjoy other benefits and allowances for US residents.

There are several ways to get a LPR:

  • through family reunification;
  • through an employment;
  • through the granting of political asylum;
  • other options.
  • Let’s take a look at each of them in more detail.

    Through family-based immigration

    Many people get a lawful permanent resident status (LPR) by moving to their relatives in the United States. Such a document has the right to issue close relatives of a US citizen – children, spouses, parents, etc. The further the relationship, the more years you need to wait to receive it.

    houston immigration lawyers

    Through Employment

    This is one of the main ways to immigrate to the United States. The options are as follows:

  • LPR through a job offer. You can become a permanent resident of the United States if you are asked to work in the US on permanent basis. Most often, the law requires the employer to undergo labor certification, and then to invite a foreign employee, submitting an application to him. The process depends almost entirely on the employer and the immigration service.
  • LPR through an investment. Sometimes it can be obtained through investment / business activities that will create jobs for US citizens.
  • LPR through self achievements. This allows you to become a US resident person with outstanding abilities or by being of interest to the country.
  • LPR for workers of specialty occupations. Some people may get LPR based on their past or current job.
  • Lawful Permanent Resident status through Political Asylum

    Refugees and people who have received political asylum in the United States can also apply for an adjustment of status.
    houston deportation defense attorneys

    Alternative Ways to Get a US residency

    Although the majority of immigrants come to the United States for permanent residence through sponsorship, family reunification or a job offer, there are other options to get permanent residency in the US. For example:

  • DV lottery;
  • marriage with a US citizen;
  • Contact Houston Immigration Attorney Today!

    Individual cases may be different so it is for the best to consult a licensed immigration lawyer before starting a process.

    If you are looking for a permanent resident status in United States

    contact Houston Green Card Lawyer.